External Sympathetic repairs and remedial works were undertaken to these two Grade II listed mews’ in Kensington. The part cobbled, gated cul-de-sac, approached through its own arch on Canning Place in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, contains 17 properties now used for residential purposes but were originally a working stables / coach house. Initially constructed in the 19th Century, the Mews and its surrounding buildings withstood the impact of a high explosive bomb in 1941 which fell close by.
Restore London’s work was planned and executed in full compliance with the “De Vere” Conservation Area controls. The project consisted of preparation and re-decoration of the brick work facades, the ornate woodwork and metalwork within and the mansard roofs repaired.
Restoration works, which included rebuilding of parapets also extended to Canning Place Mews, De Vere Gardens and Kensington Palace elevations.
De Vere Mews Ltd
Restore London Ltd
Stephen Crampton – Project & Permit Supervisor, CBRE
John Rushworth, Managing Director.
Colin Davies, Senior Project Manager -Saigol Developments.
Nick Restall, RICS – Senior Quantity Surveyor, CBRE
Jon Clayden MCIOB Senior Project Manager, ISG PLC, Dixon House
Louise Priestman BA(Hons) MArch MA PGCert PPA ARB RIBA – Architect, Purcell